Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a cry of desperation

How do you say no to a kid who has nothing. A kid who is begging from everyone, not just the Americans walking by. I asked myself this question thousands of times, and I have no good answer. I could minimize everything and say that he was probably fine and just begging for more than he needed, but he didn't have anything. I would say that he had enough to keep him alive, but for how long? How long can his body continue to be fueled by malnourishment? When my heart was bursting to help this kid, I couldn't. I was frustrated and am still frustrated with not being able to help him.

I am not satisfied with the answer, "well, we can't help them all..."

My prayer and I hope yours for this boy would be, God what do I have to give up to help them all?